Sunday, October 12, 2008
Yup. I know I know, I haven't even blogged that long on this blog. Only 8 posts? *ya* But lets be serious. I'm moving because I don't want a cupcake blog. I did, but I want to explore. On this blog I feel pressured to post only about cupcakes, and I hate that pressure! Don't get me wrong, I love cupcakes, but I don't want to have my choices to be limited. I want to blog about baking and cooking! So, visit me here! See ya there! :)
Saturday, October 4, 2008
Cupcakes named Better Than Sex? ahahaa. I had to try it. And I was totally amazed at how easy to make and delicious they were! They were so moist, flavorful (with so many layers), rich, and was not very sweet in a sugar sense..(that's good). In conclusion they were very very good. They were also very fancy looking. But not very photogenic.. Ah, I guess it was my camera that couldn't capture it's beauty. Anyways, oh ya! I got the recipe from How to eat a cupcake! <3
24 yellow cupcakes i used a french vanilla box mix. i'm afraid of yellow..
crushed pineapple in natural juice one regular sized can (4 cups) is more than enough
vanilla pudding one six ounce is enough
whipped cream 1 cup heavy cream makes enough for 24 cupcakes
sweetened shredded coconut
1. Start with baked yellow cupcakes.
2. Cut a cone out of each cupcake using the "cone method." make a depression with a fruit knife in the middle of the cupcake
3. Fill each cupcake with 1-2 teaspoons of crushed pineapple. Make sure to include the pineapple juice to keep the cake nice and moist. Don't use too much juice or it will make the cupcake soggy. Keep stirring the crushed pineapple with the juice to keep it mixed so you get equal amounts of pineapple and juice in each spoonful.
4. Put the top back on the cupcakes, and put 1-2 teaspoons of vanilla pudding on each. Spread it around to "seal" the top of the cupcake over the pineapple.
5. Spoon or pipe 1-2 tablespoons of whipped cream on top of the pudding. Really, it's just however much you like. No science here, just taste buds.
6. Top with coconut and chopped walnuts. Again, use however much you like.
Ziploc bag method.
My foolhardy-ness (couldn't find my can opener..)
My camera couldn't capture their beauty :(
Out of a 1-5 rating
i overbeated the heavy cream.. but that was my fault. Guess i got hyper with my new mixer :)