Thursday, September 11, 2008

lactose-intolerant Oreo cupcakes!


Otherwise known as vegan. But when I think vegan, I think of nasty, dry, vegan vanilla cupcakes. Partly because those are the only kind I've been able to make! Well. These babies are the opposite! a.k.a. insanely delicious. So moist and flavorful. And they don't have a tidbit of milk OR butter! So I kind of consider them to be healthy too ^.^ Their real name is moist chocolate cupcake but they taste like the cake for the outside of an oreos, so I renamed them to vegan Oreo Cupcakes! They're very easy to make, and lowly costly. Just throw everything in a bowl, mix, and bake. But my coca powder had lumps so I sifted the dry stuff. So anyways, I was too lazy to make a frosting, so I just sprinkled some w/ powdered sugar and frosted others with pillsbury vanilla frosting (my fav!)<-- kind of on the sweet side but so good.. Here's the recipe! :)

Oreo Cupcakes;makes 20 *i got 6 when i halved the recipe for 10*
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup water
1/2 cup vegetable oil i used canola because i didn't have vegetable
1 teaspoon vinegar

DIRECTIONS
Mix all of the ingredients well with a mixer or wooden spoon. It should be brown and smooth, free of lumps.
Bake at 350 F for 25 minutes.

Out of a 1-5 rating


cupcakes: 5 (so moist, flavorful. I totally recommend!)

PS. OMGG!!! Guess what? I got a green apple artisian kitchenaid stand mixer!!! YAY!!!! Isn't it pulchritudinous (haha)? And I also bought an ice cream maker attachment, so look forward to some ice cream next week! :)

PPS. shout out to "How to eat a cupcake"! Thanks for being practically the only person who reads my blog :). (sorry you cant see the e :)

5 comments:

Jenna! said...

i would like to trrry it !
nice mixer thingie, its green ![x

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

I got the same mixer in Tangerine orange!! Awesome! I haven't used it yet, but I plan on using it tomorrow!

PS: Your glasses in your profile pic are way adorable! ;D

Patweesha said...

omg. it looks moi delicioso!!~ hehe. =] i want a bite.. but anywayz. is that the mixer u where asking me about? like which color shuld u get? =O hehe

Anonymous said...

Those cupcakes look delicious!

Susan said...

And here I was thinking it is your cupcakes that are puchritudinous.;)

Well done on your Kitchen-Aid (she is mighty purrty). Can't wait until I have the room for one. Sigh.